Acrylic - Perspex is manufactured in a large range of colours and finishes.
Clear acrylics also known as perspex are by far the most popular.
A huge range of colours and tints are also available.
Acrylic is manufactured in the following types:
The main advantages include:
- Excellent weather resistance
Highly transparent sheet with a light transmission of 92%
- Higher impact strength than glass
- Excellent surface finish Easy to machine, fabricate and thermoform
- Good resistance to dilute acids and alkalis
- Half the weight of glass Impact resistant
- Unaffected by sun or salt spray Temperature range of -30 to 160° F for continuous service
- Good outdoor weathering
- Fully recyclable Excellent surface hardness and durability
- Food gradable Easy to clean and maintain
Acrylics are best cleaned using a soft cloth with fresh water to which a little detergent has been added.
Under no circumstances should methylated spirits nor solvent be used.
Proprietary cleaning solutions should only be used if they are known to be compatible with acrylic sheet.
Abrasive cleaners of any kind should never be used.